- 1. demand, exact, claim
- usage: claim as due or just; "The bank demanded payment of the loan"
- 2. claim, take, exact, necessitate, ask, postulate, need, require, take, involve, call for, demand
- usage: take as an undesirable consequence of some event or state of affairs; "the accident claimed three lives"; "The hard work took its toll on her"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. exact (vs. inexact), direct, verbatim, literal, mathematical, perfect, photographic, rigorous, strict, accurate, literal, perfect, precise
- usage: marked by strict and particular and complete accordance with fact; "an exact mind"; "an exact copy"; "hit the exact center of the target"
- 2. accurate, exact, precise, correct (vs. incorrect), right (vs. wrong)
- usage: (of ideas, images, representations, expressions) characterized by perfect conformity to fact or truth ; strictly correct; "a precise image"; "a precise measurement"
All rights reserved.
See also: exact (Dictionary)