WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. evaporate, vaporize, vaporise, change integrity
- usage: lose or cause to lose liquid by vaporization leaving a more concentrated residue; "evaporate milk"
- 2. evaporate, vaporise, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to change into a vapor; "The chemist evaporated the water"
- 3. evaporate, vaporise, change
- usage: change into a vapor; "The water evaporated in front of our eyes"
- 4. melt, disappear, evaporate, weaken
- usage: become less intense and fade away gradually; "her resistance melted under his charm"; "her hopes evaporated after years of waiting for her fiance"
All rights reserved.
See also: evaporate (Dictionary)