- 1. etiolate, weaken
- usage: make weak by stunting the growth or development of
- 2. etiolate, change, alter, modify
- usage: bleach and alter the natural development of (a green plant) by excluding sunlight
- 3. etiolate, change, alter, modify
- usage: make pale or sickly; "alcohol etiolates your skin"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. etiolate, etiolated, blanched, colorless (vs. colorful), colourless
- usage: (especially of plants) developed without chlorophyll by being deprived of light; "etiolated celery"
All rights reserved.
See also: etiolate (Dictionary)