- 1. esteem, regard, respect, honor, honour, laurels
- usage: the condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded); "it is held in esteem"; "a man who has earned high regard"
- 2. admiration, esteem, liking
- usage: a feeling of delighted approval and liking
- 3. respect, esteem, regard, attitude, mental attitude
- usage: an attitude of admiration or esteem; "she lost all respect for him"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. respect, esteem, value, prize, prise, see, consider, reckon, view, regard
- usage: regard highly; think much of; "I respect his judgement"; "We prize his creativity"
- 2. think of, repute, regard as, look upon, look on, esteem, take to be, think, believe, consider, conceive
- usage: look on as or consider; "she looked on this affair as a joke"; "He thinks of himself as a brilliant musician"; "He is reputed to be intelligent"
All rights reserved.
See also: esteem (Dictionary)