WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. adopt, follow, espouse, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: choose and follow; as of theories, ideas, policies, strategies or plans; "She followed the feminist movement"; "The candidate espouses Republican ideals"
- 2. marry, get married, wed, conjoin, hook up with, get hitched with, espouse, unite, unify
- usage: take in marriage
- 3. espouse, embrace, adopt, sweep up, accept
- usage: take up the cause, ideology, practice, method, of someone and use it as one's own; "She embraced Catholicism"; "They adopted the Jewish faith"
All rights reserved.
See also: espouse (Dictionary)