WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bridal, espousal, marriage, wedding, marriage ceremony
- usage: archaic terms for a wedding or wedding feast
- 2. betrothal, espousal, ritual, rite
- usage: the act of becoming betrothed or engaged
- 3. adoption, acceptance, acceptation, espousal, blessing, approval, approving
- usage: the act of accepting with approval; favorable reception; "its adoption by society"; "the proposal found wide acceptance"
All rights reserved.
See also: espousal (Dictionary)