- 1. scallop, scollop, escallop, shellfish
- usage: edible muscle of mollusks having fan-shaped shells; served broiled or poached or in salads or cream sauces
- 2. cutlet, scallop, scollop, escallop, piece, slice
- usage: thin slice of meat (especially veal) usually fried or broiled
- 3. scallop, scollop, escallop, bivalve, pelecypod, lamellibranch
- usage: edible marine bivalve having a fluted fan-shaped shell that swim by expelling water from the shell in a series of snapping motions
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. scallop, escallop, cook, fix, ready, make, prepare
- usage: bake in a sauce, milk, etc., often with breadcrumbs on top
All rights reserved.
See also: escallop (Dictionary)