WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. volcanic eruption, eruption, discharge
- usage: the sudden occurrence of a violent discharge of steam and volcanic material
- 2. eruption, symptom
- usage: symptom consisting of a breaking out and becoming visible
- 3. eruption, eructation, extravasation, action, activity, activeness
- usage: (of volcanos) pouring out fumes or lava (or a deposit so formed)
- 4. outbreak, eruption, irruption, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: a sudden violent spontaneous occurrence (usually of some undesirable condition); "the outbreak of hostilities"
- 5. bang, clap, eruption, blast, bam, noise
- usage: a sudden very loud noise
- 6. eruption, emergence, egress, issue
- usage: the emergence of a tooth as it breaks through the gum
All rights reserved.
See also: eruption (Dictionary)