WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mistake, error, fault, nonaccomplishment, nonachievement
- usage: a wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention; "he made a bad mistake"; "she was quick to point out my errors"; "I could understand his English in spite of his grammatical faults"
- 2. erroneousness, error, incorrectness, wrongness
- usage: inadvertent incorrectness
- 3. error, erroneous belief, misconception
- usage: a misconception resulting from incorrect information
- 4. error, misplay, failure
- usage: (baseball) a failure of a defensive player to make an out when normal play would have sufficed
- 5. error, wrongdoing, evil, evilness
- usage: departure from what is ethically acceptable
- 6. error, computer error, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: (computer science) the occurrence of an incorrect result produced by a computer
- 7. error, mistake, misstatement
- usage: part of a statement that is not correct; "the book was full of errors"
All rights reserved.
See also: error (Dictionary)