WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. erosion, eroding, eating away, wearing, wearing away, geological process, geologic process
- usage: (geology) the mechanical process of wearing or grinding something down (as by particles washing over it)
- 2. erosion, environmental condition
- usage: condition in which the earth's surface is worn away by the action of water and wind
- 3. erosion, decline, diminution
- usage: a gradual decline of something; "after the accounting scandal there was an erosion of confidence in the auditors"
- 4. corrosion, corroding, erosion, chemical process, chemical change, chemical action
- usage: erosion by chemical action
All rights reserved.
See also: erosion (Dictionary)