WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. era, epoch, time period, period of time, period
- usage: a period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event
- 2. era, geological era, geological time, geologic time
- usage: a major division of geological time; an era is usually divided into two or more periods
- 3. earned run average, ERA, standard, criterion, measure, touchstone
- usage: (baseball) a measure of a pitcher's effectiveness; calculated as the average number of earned runs allowed by the pitcher for every nine innings pitched
All rights reserved.
See also: era (Dictionary)