WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. evasion, equivocation, misrepresentation, deceit, deception
- usage: a statement that is not literally false but that cleverly avoids an unpleasant truth
- 2. equivocation, prevarication, evasiveness, untruthfulness, ambiguity, equivocalness
- usage: intentionally vague or ambiguous
- 3. equivocation, tergiversation, falsification, misrepresentation
- usage: falsification by means of vague or ambiguous language
All rights reserved.
See also: equivocation (Dictionary)