- 1. equivalent, cognition, knowledge, noesis
- usage: a person or thing equal to another in value or measure or force or effect or significance etc; "send two dollars or the equivalent in stamps"
- 2. equivalent, equivalent weight, combining weight, eq, atomic mass, atomic weight, relative atomic mass
- usage: the atomic weight of an element that has the same combining capacity as a given weight of another element; the standard is 8 for oxygen
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. equivalent, tantamount(predicate), equal (vs. unequal)
- usage: being essentially equal to something; "it was as good as gold"; "a wish that was equivalent to a command"; "his statement was tantamount to an admission of guilt"
All rights reserved.
See also: equivalent (Dictionary)