- 1. equatorial, telescope, scope
- usage: a telescope whose mounting has only two axes of motion, one parallel to the Earth's axis and the other one at right angles to it
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. equatorial
- usage: of or relating to or at an equator; "equatorial diameter"
- 2. equatorial
- usage: of or relating to conditions at the geographical equator; "equatorial heat"
- 3. equatorial (vs. polar), pantropical, pantropic, tropical, tropic
- usage: of or existing at or near the geographic equator; "equatorial Africa"
All rights reserved.
See also: equatorial (Dictionary)