WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. compare, liken, equate, study, consider
- usage: consider or describe as similar, equal, or analogous; "We can compare the Han dynasty to the Romans"; "You cannot equate success in financial matters with greed"
- 2. equate, correspond, equal, be
- usage: be equivalent or parallel, in mathematics
- 3. equal, match, equalize, equalise, equate, change, alter, modify
- usage: make equal, uniform, corresponding, or matching; "let's equalize the duties among all employees in this office"; "The company matched the discount policy of its competitors"
All rights reserved.
See also: equate (Dictionary)