Synonyms of equal
- 1. peer, equal, match, compeer, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who is of equal standing with another in a group
- 1. equal, be
- usage: be identical or equivalent to; "One dollar equals 1,000 rubles these days!"
- 2. equal, touch, rival, match, compete, vie, contend
- usage: be equal to in quality or ability; "Nothing can rival cotton for durability"; "Your performance doesn't even touch that of your colleagues"; "Her persistence and ambition only matches that of her parents"
- 3. equal, match, equalize, equalise, equate, change, alter, modify
- usage: make equal, uniform, corresponding, or matching; "let's equalize the duties among all employees in this office"; "The company matched the discount policy of its competitors"
- 1. equal (vs. unequal), equivalent, tantamount(predicate), close, tight, coequal, coordinate, equidistant, equilateral, even, fifty-fifty, half-and-half, isochronal, isochronous, isoclinal, isoclinic, isometric, isometrical, isothermal, quits, tied(predicate), even, level(predicate), commensurate, comparable, same
- usage: having the same quantity, value, or measure as another; "on equal terms"; "all men are equal before the law"
- 2. adequate (vs. inadequate), equal, adequate to(predicate), capable, equal to(predicate), up to(predicate), competent, satisfactory
- usage: having the requisite qualities or resources to meet a task; "she had adequate training"; "her training was adequate"; "she was adequate to the job"; "he was equal to the task"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of equal (Dictionary)