WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. era, epoch, time period, period of time, period
- usage: a period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event
- 2. epoch, date of reference, date
- usage: (astronomy) an arbitrarily fixed date that is the point in time relative to which information (as coordinates of a celestial body) is recorded
- 3. epoch, geological time, geologic time
- usage: a unit of geological time that is a subdivision of a period and is itself divided into ages
All rights reserved.
See also: epoch (Dictionary)