- 1. epicure, gourmet, gastronome, bon vivant, epicurean, foodie, sensualist
- usage: a person devoted to refined sensuous enjoyment (especially good food and drink)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Epicurean
- usage: of Epicurus or epicureanism; "Epicurean philosophy"
- 2. hedonic, hedonistic, epicurean, indulgent (vs. nonindulgent)
- usage: devoted to pleasure; "a hedonic thrill"; "lives of unending hedonistic delight"; "epicurean pleasures"
- 3. epicurean, luxurious, luxuriant, sybaritic, voluptuary, voluptuous, indulgent (vs. nonindulgent)
- usage: displaying luxury and furnishing gratification to the senses; "an epicurean banquet"; "enjoyed a luxurious suite with a crystal chandelier and thick oriental rugs"; "Lucullus spent the remainder of his days in voluptuous magnificence"; "a chinchilla robe of sybaritic lavishness"
All rights reserved.
See also: epicurean (Dictionary)