- 1. environment, environs, surroundings, surround, geographical area, geographic area, geographical region, geographic region
- usage: the area in which something exists or lives; "the country--the flat agricultural surround"
- 2. environs, purlieu, geographical area, geographic area, geographical region, geographic region
- usage: an outer adjacent area of any place
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. surround, environ, ring, skirt, border, touch, adjoin, meet, contact
- usage: extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle; "The forest surrounds my property"
All rights reserved.
See also: environs (Dictionary)