WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. envelope, container
- usage: a flat (usually rectangular) container for a letter, thin package, etc.
- 2. envelope, wrapping, wrap, wrapper
- usage: any wrapper or covering
- 3. envelope, curve, curved shape
- usage: a curve that is tangent to each of a family of curves
- 4. envelope, covering, natural covering, cover
- usage: a natural covering (as by a fluid); "the spacecraft detected an envelope of gas around the comet"
- 5. envelope, operating capability, performance capability
- usage: the maximum operating capability of a system (especially an aircraft); "test pilots try to push the envelope"
- 6. envelope, gasbag, bag
- usage: the bag containing the gas in a balloon
All rights reserved.
See also: envelope (Dictionary)