WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. entry, written record, written account
- usage: an item inserted in a written record
- 2. introduction, debut, first appearance, launching, unveiling, entry, beginning, start, commencement
- usage: the act of beginning something new; "they looked forward to the debut of their new product line"
- 3. entry, accounting entry, ledger entry, accounting, accounting system, method of accounting
- usage: a written record of a commercial transaction
- 4. submission, entry, message, content, subject matter, substance
- usage: something (manuscripts or architectural plans and models or estimates or works of art of all genres etc.) submitted for the judgment of others (as in a competition); "several of his submissions were rejected by publishers"; "what was the date of submission of your proposal?"
- 5. entrance, entranceway, entryway, entry, entree, access, approach
- usage: something that provides access (to get in or get out); "they waited at the entrance to the garden"; "beggars waited just outside the entryway to the cathedral"
- 6. entrance, entering, entry, ingress, incoming, arrival
- usage: the act of entering; "she made a grand entrance"
All rights reserved.
See also: entry (Dictionary)