WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ensemble, musical organization, musical organisation, musical group
- usage: a group of musicians playing or singing together; "a string ensemble"
- 2. ensemble, supporting players, cast, cast of characters, dramatis personae
- usage: a cast other than the principals
- 3. corps de ballet, ensemble, chorus, chorus line
- usage: the chorus of a ballet company
- 4. ensemble, tout ensemble, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: an assemblage of parts or details (as in a work of art) considered as forming a whole
- 5. ensemble, outfit, getup, rig, turnout
- usage: a coordinated outfit (set of clothing)
All rights reserved.
See also: ensemble (Dictionary)