Synonyms of enlarged
- 1. enlarge, increase
- usage: make larger; "She enlarged the flower beds"
- 2. blow up, enlarge, magnify, increase
- usage: make large; "blow up an image"
- 3. enlarge, grow
- usage: become larger or bigger
- 4. elaborate, lucubrate, expatiate, exposit, enlarge, flesh out, expand, expound, dilate, clarify, clear up, elucidate
- usage: add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing; "She elaborated on the main ideas in her dissertation"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hypertrophied (vs. atrophied), enlarged
- usage: (of an organ or body part) excessively enlarged as a result of increased size in the constituent cells; "hypertrophied myocardial fibers"
- 2. blown-up, enlarged, large (vs. small), big (vs. little)
- usage: as of a photograph; made larger; "the enlarged photograph revealed many details"
- 3. enlarged, unhealthy (vs. healthy)
- usage: larger than normal; "enlarged joints"
- 4. exaggerated, magnified, enlarged, increased (vs. decreased)
- usage: enlarged to an abnormal degree; "thick lenses exaggerated the size of her eyes"
All rights reserved.