Synonyms of enkindled
- 1. kindle, enkindle, conflagrate, inflame, ignite, light
- usage: cause to start burning; "The setting sun kindled the sky with oranges and reds"
- 2. arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke, make, create
- usage: call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses); "arouse pity"; "raise a smile"; "evoke sympathy"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ignited, enkindled, kindled, lighted (vs. unlighted), lit
- usage: set afire; "the ignited paper"; "a kindled fire"
All rights reserved.