WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. concentration, engrossment, absorption, immersion, attention
- usage: complete attention; intense mental effort
- 2. preoccupation, preoccupancy, absorption, engrossment, cognitive state, state of mind
- usage: the mental state of being preoccupied by something
- 3. intentness, engrossment, assiduity, assiduousness, concentration
- usage: the quality of being intent and concentrated; "the intentness of his gaze"
All rights reserved.
See also: engrossment (Dictionary)