- 1. steep, immerse, engulf, plunge, engross, absorb, soak up, concentrate, focus, center, centre, pore, rivet
- usage: devote (oneself) fully to; "He immersed himself into his studies"
- 2. absorb, engross, engage, occupy, interest
- usage: consume all of one's attention or time; "Her interest in butterflies absorbs her completely"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. absorbing, engrossing, fascinating, gripping, riveting, interesting (vs. uninteresting)
- usage: capable of arousing and holding the attention; "a fascinating story"
All rights reserved.
See also: engrossing (Dictionary)