Synonyms of engraved
- 1. scratch, engrave, grave, inscribe, carve, chip at
- usage: carve, cut, or etch into a material or surface; "engrave a pen"; "engraved the trophy cupt with the winner's"; "the lovers scratched their names into the bark of the tree"
- 2. engrave, affect, impress, move, strike
- usage: impress or affect deeply; "The event engraved itself into her memory"
- 3. engrave, etch, print
- usage: carve or cut into a block used for printing or print from such a block; "engrave a letter"
- 4. engrave, etch, carve, chip at
- usage: carve or cut a design or letters into; "engrave the pen with the owner's name"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. engraved, etched, graven, incised, inscribed, carved (vs. uncarved), carven
- usage: cut or impressed into a surface; "an incised design"; "engraved invitations"
All rights reserved.