- 1. technology, engineering, application, practical application, profession
- usage: the practical application of science to commerce or industry
- 2. engineering, engineering science, applied science, technology, discipline, subject, subject area, subject field, field, field of study, study, bailiwick
- usage: the discipline dealing with the art or science of applying scientific knowledge to practical problems; "he had trouble deciding which branch of engineering to study"
- 3. engineering, engine room, room
- usage: a room (as on a ship) in which the engine is located
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. engineer, design, plan
- usage: design as an engineer; "He engineered the water supply project"
- 2. mastermind, engineer, direct, organize, organise, orchestrate, plan
- usage: plan and direct (a complex undertaking); "he masterminded the robbery"
All rights reserved.
See also: engineering (Dictionary)