- 1. engineer, applied scientist, technologist, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who uses scientific knowledge to solve practical problems
- 2. engineer, locomotive engineer, railroad engineer, engine driver, operator, manipulator
- usage: the operator of a railway locomotive
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. engineer, design, plan
- usage: design as an engineer; "He engineered the water supply project"
- 2. mastermind, engineer, direct, organize, organise, orchestrate, plan
- usage: plan and direct (a complex undertaking); "he masterminded the robbery"
All rights reserved.
See also: engineer (Dictionary)