WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. engine, motor
- usage: motor that converts thermal energy to mechanical work
- 2. engine, causal agent, cause, causal agency
- usage: something used to achieve a purpose; "an engine of change"
- 3. locomotive, engine, locomotive engine, railway locomotive, self-propelled vehicle
- usage: a wheeled vehicle consisting of a self-propelled engine that is used to draw trains along railway tracks
- 4. engine, instrument
- usage: an instrument or machine that is used in warfare, such as a battering ram, catapult, artillery piece, etc.; "medieval engines of war"
All rights reserved.
See also: engine (Dictionary)