WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. enemy, military unit, military force, military group, force
- usage: an opposing military force; "the enemy attacked at dawn"
- 2. enemy, foe, foeman, opposition, adversary, antagonist, opponent, opposer, resister
- usage: an armed adversary (especially a member of an opposing military force); "a soldier must be prepared to kill his enemies"
- 3. enemy, people
- usage: any hostile group of people; "he viewed lawyers as the real enemy"
- 4. foe, enemy, rival, challenger, competitor, competition, contender
- usage: a personal enemy; "they had been political foes for years"
All rights reserved.
See also: enemy (Dictionary)