WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. endorsement, indorsement, blurb, promotion, publicity, promotional material, packaging
- usage: a promotional statement (as found on the dust jackets of books); "the author got all his friends to write blurbs for his book"
- 2. second, secondment, endorsement, indorsement, agreement
- usage: a speech seconding a motion; "do I hear a second?"
- 3. sanction, countenance, endorsement, indorsement, warrant, imprimatur, approval, commendation
- usage: formal and explicit approval; "a Democrat usually gets the union's endorsement"
- 4. endorsement, indorsement, signature
- usage: a signature that validates something; "the cashier would not cash the check without an endorsement"
- 5. endorsement, indorsement, support
- usage: the act of endorsing; "a star athlete can make a lot of money from endorsements"
All rights reserved.
See also: endorsement (Dictionary)