WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. back, endorse, indorse, plump for, plunk for, support, approve, O.K., okay, sanction
- usage: be behind; approve of; "He plumped for the Labor Party"; "I backed Kennedy in 1960"
- 2. second, back, endorse, indorse, support, back up
- usage: give support or one's approval to; "I'll second that motion"; "I can't back this plan"; "endorse a new project"
- 3. certify, endorse, indorse, guarantee, warrant
- usage: guarantee as meeting a certain standard; "certified grade AAA meat"
- 4. endorse, indorse, sign
- usage: sign as evidence of legal transfer; "endorse cheques"
All rights reserved.
See also: endorse (Dictionary)