- 1. hormone, endocrine, internal secretion, secretion
- usage: the secretion of an endocrine gland that is transmitted by the blood to the tissue on which it has a specific effect
- 2. endocrine gland, endocrine, ductless gland, gland, secretory organ, secretor, secreter
- usage: any of the glands of the endocrine system that secrete hormones directly into the bloodstream
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. endocrine (vs. exocrine), endocrinal
- usage: of or belonging to endocrine glands or their secretions; "endocrine system"
All rights reserved.
See also: endocrine (Dictionary)