- 1. enterprise, endeavor, endeavour, undertaking, project, task, labor
- usage: a purposeful or industrious undertaking (especially one that requires effort or boldness); "he had doubts about the whole enterprise"
- 2. attempt, effort, endeavor, endeavour, try, activity
- usage: earnest and conscientious activity intended to do or accomplish something; "made an effort to cover all the reading material"; "wished him luck in his endeavor"; "she gave it a good try"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. endeavor, endeavour, strive, try, seek, attempt, essay, assay
- usage: attempt by employing effort; "we endeavor to make our customers happy"
All rights reserved.
See also: endeavor (Dictionary)