WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. invasion, encroachment, intrusion, entrance, entering
- usage: any entry into an area not previously occupied; "an invasion of tourists"; "an invasion of locusts"
- 2. trespass, encroachment, violation, intrusion, usurpation, wrongdoing, wrongful conduct, misconduct, actus reus
- usage: entry to another's property without right or permission
- 3. impingement, encroachment, impact, influence
- usage: influencing strongly; "they resented the impingement of American values on European culture"
All rights reserved.
See also: encroachment (Dictionary)