Synonyms of encroaching
- 1. encroach, infringe, impinge, advance, progress, pass on, move on, march on, go on
- usage: advance beyond the usual limit
- 2. impinge, encroach, entrench, trench, trespass, take advantage
- usage: impinge or infringe upon; "This impinges on my rights as an individual"; "This matter entrenches on other domains"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. encroaching(prenominal), invasive, trespassing(prenominal), intrusive (vs. unintrusive)
- usage: gradually intrusive without right or permission; "we moved back from the encroaching tide"; "invasive tourists"; "trespassing hunters"
All rights reserved.