Synonyms of encourage
- 1. promote, advance, boost, further, encourage, support, back up
- usage: contribute to the progress or growth of; "I am promoting the use of computers in the classroom"
- 2. encourage, inspire, animate, invigorate, enliven, exalt
- usage: inspire with confidence; give hope or courage to
- 3. encourage, induce, stimulate, cause, have, get, make
- usage: spur on; "His financial success encouraged him to look for a wife"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of encourage (Dictionary)