- 1. enamel, tooth enamel, solid body substance
- usage: hard white substance covering the crown of a tooth
- 2. enamel, compound, chemical compound
- usage: a colored glassy compound (opaque or partially opaque) that is fused to the surface of metal or glass or pottery for decoration or protection
- 3. enamel, paint, pigment
- usage: a paint that dries to a hard glossy finish
- 4. enamel, coating, coat
- usage: any smooth glossy coating that resembles ceramic glaze
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. enamel, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: coat, inlay, or surface with enamel
All rights reserved.
See also: enamel (Dictionary)