WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. emulate, imitate, copy, simulate
- usage: strive to equal or match, especially by imitating; "He is emulating the skating skills of his older sister"
- 2. emulate, imitate
- usage: imitate the function of (another system), as by modifying the hardware or the software
- 3. emulate, compete, vie, contend
- usage: compete with successfully; approach or reach equality with; "This artist's drawings cannot emulate his water colors"
All rights reserved.
See also: emulate (Dictionary)