- 1. celestial sphere, sphere, empyrean, firmament, heavens, vault of heaven, welkin, surface
- usage: the apparent surface of the imaginary sphere on which celestial bodies appear to be projected
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. empyrean, empyreal
- usage: of or relating to the sky or heavens; "the empyrean sphere"
- 2. empyreal, empyrean, sublime, glorious (vs. inglorious)
- usage: inspiring awe; "well-meaning ineptitude that rises to empyreal absurdity"- M.S.Dworkin; "empyrean aplomb"- Hamilton Basso; "the sublime beauty of the night"
All rights reserved.
See also: empyrean (Dictionary)