Synonyms of employed
- 1. use, utilize, utilise, apply, employ
- usage: put into service; make work or employ for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose; "use your head!"; "we only use Spanish at home"; "I can't use this tool"; "Apply a magnetic field here"; "This thinking was applied to many projects"; "How do you utilize this tool?"; "I apply this rule to get good results"; "use the plastic bags to store the food"; "He doesn't know how to use a computer"
- 2. hire, engage, employ
- usage: engage or hire for work; "They hired two new secretaries in the department"; "How many people has she employed?"
- 1. employed (vs. unemployed), engaged, hired, working(prenominal), on the job(predicate), busy
- usage: having your services engaged for; or having a job especially one that pays wages or a salary; "most of our graduates are employed"
- 2. employed, exploited (vs. unexploited)
- usage: put to use
All rights reserved.