- 1. employment, employ, state
- usage: the state of being employed or having a job; "they are looking for employment"; "he was in the employ of the city"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. use, utilize, utilise, apply, employ
- usage: put into service; make work or employ for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose; "use your head!"; "we only use Spanish at home"; "I can't use this tool"; "Apply a magnetic field here"; "This thinking was applied to many projects"; "How do you utilize this tool?"; "I apply this rule to get good results"; "use the plastic bags to store the food"; "He doesn't know how to use a computer"
- 2. hire, engage, employ
- usage: engage or hire for work; "They hired two new secretaries in the department"; "How many people has she employed?"
All rights reserved.
See also: employ (Dictionary)