WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. emotional (vs. cerebral)
- usage: determined or actuated by emotion rather than reason; "it was an emotional judgment"
- 2. emotional (vs. unemotional), affectional, affective, emotive, bathetic, drippy, hokey, maudlin, mawkish, kitschy, mushy, schmaltzy, schmalzy, sentimental, soppy, soupy, slushy, cathartic, releasing, charged, supercharged, funky, low-down, het up(predicate), hot-blooded, little, lyric, lyrical, mind-blowing, moody, temperamental, overemotional, sloppy, soulful, warm-toned, moved#1, affected#3, stirred#1, touched, moving, passionate, warm
- usage: of more than usual emotion; "his behavior was highly emotional"
- 3. emotional
- usage: of or pertaining to emotion; "emotional health"; "an emotional crisis"
- 4. aroused, emotional, excited, worked up, agitated (vs. unagitated)
- usage: (of persons) excessively affected by emotion; "he would become emotional over nothing at all"; "she was worked up about all the noise"
All rights reserved.
See also: emotional (Dictionary)