WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. emergency, exigency, pinch, crisis
- usage: a sudden unforeseen crisis (usually involving danger) that requires immediate action; "he never knew what to do in an emergency"
- 2. emergency, temporary state
- usage: a state in which martial law applies; "the governor declared a state of emergency"
- 3. hand brake, emergency, emergency brake, parking brake, brake
- usage: a brake operated by hand; usually operates by mechanical linkage
All rights reserved.
See also: emergency (Dictionary)