WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. incarnate, body forth, embody, substantiate, be
- usage: represent in bodily form; "He embodies all that is evil wrong with the system"; "The painting substantiates the feelings of the artist"
- 2. embody, be, personify, typify, symbolize, symbolise, stand for, represent
- usage: represent, as of a character on stage; "Derek Jacobi was Hamlet"
- 3. embody, represent
- usage: represent or express something abstract in tangible form; "This painting embodies the feelings of the Romantic period"
All rights reserved.
See also: embody (Dictionary)