Synonyms of embattled
- 1. embattle, fortify, fort
- usage: fortify by furnishing with battlements for defense; "an embattled castle"
- 2. embattle, organize, organise, prepare, devise, get up, machinate
- usage: prepare for battle or conflict
- 1. embattled, prepared (vs. unprepared)
- usage: prepared for battle; "an embattled city"
- 2. embattled, battlemented, castled, castellated, fancy (vs. plain)
- usage: having or resembling repeated square indentations like those in a battlement; "a crenelated molding"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of embattled (Dictionary)