WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. embarrassment, shame
- usage: the shame you feel when your inadequacy or guilt is made public
- 2. embarrassment, emotional state, spirit
- usage: the state of being embarrassed (usually by some financial inadequacy); "he is currently suffering financial embarrassments"
- 3. embarrassment, trouble
- usage: some event that causes someone to be embarrassed; "the outcome of the vote was an embarrassment for the liberals"
- 4. overplus, plethora, superfluity, embarrassment, excess, excessiveness, inordinateness
- usage: extreme excess; "an embarrassment of riches"
All rights reserved.
See also: embarrassment (Dictionary)