Synonyms of embarrassing
- 1. embarrass, abash, upset, discompose, untune, disconcert, discomfit
- usage: cause to be embarrassed; cause to feel self-conscious
- 2. obstruct, blockade, block, hinder, stymie, stymy, embarrass, prevent, forestall, foreclose, preclude, forbid
- usage: hinder or prevent the progress or accomplishment of; "His brother blocked him at every turn"
- 1. awkward, embarrassing, sticky, unenviable, difficult (vs. easy), hard
- usage: hard to deal with; especially causing pain or embarrassment; "awkward (or embarrassing or difficult) moments in the discussion"; "an awkward pause followed his remark"; "a sticky question"; "in the unenviable position of resorting to an act he had planned to save for the climax of the campaign"
- 2. embarrassing, mortifying, unpleasant (vs. pleasant)
- usage: causing to feel shame or chagrin or vexation; "the embarrassing moment when she found her petticoat down around her ankles"; "it was mortifying to know he had heard every word"
All rights reserved.