WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. embark, ship, board, get on
- usage: go on board
- 2. embark, enter, get down, begin, get, start out, start, set about, set out, commence
- usage: set out on (an enterprise or subject of study); "she embarked upon a new career"
- 3. venture, embark, go, proceed, move
- usage: proceed somewhere despite the risk of possible dangers; "We ventured into the world of high-tech and bought a supercomputer"
All rights reserved.
See also: embark (Dictionary)